PHA+ Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads
The next generation in facial peeling using PHA (polyhydroxy acids) together with alpha and beta hydroxy acids. This one-step resurfacing treatment developed by Dr. Marko Lens gently exfoliates the skin while restoring its vitality without causing irritation. In addition, PHA offer antioxidant benefits.
Facial peeling improves skin texture, helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, evens out skin tone and minimizes enlarged pores. Skin looks more radiant, smoother, firmer and younger-looking.
- • Promotes gentle exfoliation without irritation and skin dryness
- • Helps reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, enlarged pores and uneven tone
- • Reveals healthy, glowing and more youthful-looking skin
Use daily, morning and evening. After cleansing, wipe the entire face with one pad avoiding contact with eyes. Leave on or if you prefer rinse with water after approximately 5 minutes. Follow with moisturizer.
Zelens PHA+ Bio-Peel contains a unique formula combining polyhydroxy acids (PHA) with alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) and beta hydroxy acids (BHA).
Pre-soaked resurfacing facial pads are infused with a blend of four different hydroxy acids.
Polyxydroxy acids (PHA)
Polyhydroxy acids (PHA) are the next generation of hydroxy acids. They are natural, safe and non-irritating. Zelens uses lactobionic polyhydroxy acid, derived from lactose (milk sugar). Polyxydroxy acids enhance exfoliation of stratum corneum (outermost layer of the skin) and normalize its thickness. Significant advantage of PHA is the fact that their large molecular size allows slower topical penetration. Thus, this acid can be used for the exfoliation of sensitive skin without side effects. Lactobionic acid has strong hydrating properties. By binding atmospheric water lactobionic acid is forming a natural gel-film that gives hydration, plumpness and smoothness to the skin. Lactobionic acid also demonstrates excellent antioxidant properties and prevents skin damage caused by free radicals and oxidative stress. It also has a capacity to remove excess dangerous metal molecules.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA)
Zelens uses two bio-available AHA: lactic acid (produced by fermentation of sugar) and citric acid (derived from citrus fruits). AHA promotes exfoliation of the epidermis and formation of a new stratum corneum. However, AHA can also have a deeper dermal effect as they boost production of collagen and thus increase thickness of deeper skin layers. Lactic acid is used in two forms: pure lactic acid and sodium lactate (sodium salt of lactic acid). Sodium lactate acts as an exfoliant but it is also a very effective natural moisturizer that helps adjust the pH of the skin.
Beta hydroxy acids (BHA)
Unlike alpha hydroxy acids, there is only one beta hydroxy acid, salicylic acid. Salicylic acid gently exfoliates the skin and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This acid is an effective peeling agent at much lower concentrations compared to AHA (as little as 1/5 of the concentration of glycolic acid). Salicylic acid is able to penetrate the oily material blocking pores and thus effectively clean the pores and reduce their size. Salicylic acid is used in the treatment of acne due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Clinical results *:
- • Reduction in wrinkle depth up to 34%
- • Improvement in skin smoothness up to 26%
- • Decrease in the size of skin pores up to 22%
- • Increase in skin radiance up to 43.8%
- • Improvement in skin moisture up to 49.7% only 10 minutes after a single application
Reduction in the appereance of fine lines and wrinkles
Reduction in pore size
- • 97% noticed improvement in skin moisture immediately after application of the pads
- • 97% found skin more elastic and smoother immediately after application of the pads
- • 97% found that pads leave skin fresh and clean immediately after application
- • 93% noticed improvement in skin texture
- • 87% noticed wrinkles less visible
- • 87% noticed significant reduction in pore size
- • 93% reported improvement in skin tone
- • 97% noticed improvement in skin luminosity
* Results from a clinical study conducted on women age 30 to 60 years using PHA+ Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads twice daily for 25 days
** Results from the consumer self-assessment study using PHA+ Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads twice daily for 25 days