PHA+ Bio Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads
This one-step resurfacing treatment gently exfoliates the skin while providing antioxidant protection.
Multi-functional peel helps refine skin texture, evens out skin tone and reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores. Skin looks more radiant, smoother, firmer and younger-looking.
- Gently exfoliates the skin without causing irritation or skin dryness
- Helps to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, enlarged pores and uneven skin tone
- Reveals healthy, glowing and more youthful-looking skin
Use daily, morning and/or evening. After cleansing, wipe the entire face with one pad avoiding contact with eyes. Leave on or if you prefer rinse with water after approximately 5 minutes. Follow with moisturiser.
Polyxydroxy acids (PHA)
Polyhydroxy acids (PHA) are the next generation of hydroxy acids. They are natural, safe and non-irritating. PHA enhance exfoliation of stratum corneum (the outermost layer of the skin). A significant advantage of PHA is the fact that their large molecular size allows slower topical penetration. Thus, these acids can be used for the exfoliation of sensitive skin without side effects. Zelens uses lactobionic polyhydroxy acid, which has strong hydrating properties. By binding atmospheric water lactobionic acid is forming a natural gel-film that gives hydration, plumpness and smoothness to the skin. Lactobionic acid demonstrates excellent antioxidant properties and helps prevent skin damage caused by free radicals and oxidative stress. It also has a capacity to remove excess dangerous metal molecules.
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA)
Zelens uses two bio-available AHA: lactic acid (produced by fermentation of sugar) and citric acid (derived from citrus fruits). AHA promote exfoliation and thus stimulate skin renewal. Lactic acid is used in two forms: pure lactic acid and sodium lactate (sodium salt of lactic acid). Sodium lactate acts as an exfoliant but it is also a very effective natural moisturiser that helps adjust the pH of the skin.
Beta hydroxy acids (BHA)M
Unlike alpha hydroxy acids, there is only one beta hydroxy acid, salicylic acid. Salicylic acid gently exfoliates the skin and helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This acid is an effective peeling agent at much lower concentrations compared to AHA (as little as 1/5 of the concentration of glycolic acid). Salicylic acid is able to penetrate the oily material blocking pores and thus it effectively cleans the pores and helps reduce their appearance. Salicylic acid is used in the treatment of acne due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties.
Full list of ingredients
Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Sodium Lactate, Salicylic Acid, Lactobionic Acid, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Disodium EDTA, Linalool.
- Reduction in wrinkle depth up to 34%
- Improvement in skin smoothness up to 26%
- Decrease in the size of skin pores up to 22%
- Increase in skin radiance up to 43.8%
- Improvement in skin moisture up to 49.7% only 10 minutes after a single application
Reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Reduction in pore size
- 97% noticed improvement in skin moisture immediately after application of the pads
- 97% found skin more elastic and smoother immediately after application of the pads
- 97% found that pads leave skin fresh and clean immediately after application
- 93% noticed improvement in skin texture
- 87% noticed wrinkles less visible
- 87% noticed significant reduction in pore size
- 93% reported improvement in skin tone
- 97% noticed improvement in skin luminosity
** Results from the consumer self-assessment study using PHA+ Bio-Peel Resurfacing Facial Pads twice daily for 25 days